Conference Intelligence & Tradeshow Coverage
When your competitors are all in one place, you need to take advantage of the opportunity with Conference Intelligence & Tradeshow Coverage
Aurora GPS helps organizations take advantage of the Conference Intelligence opportunities created when entire industries come together for educational or vendor-focused conferences or tradeshows. You cannot afford to miss those opportunities – even if you choose not to send your own staff. You may miss important clues on your competitors’ next moves, or fail to notice a small (disruptive) competitor ready to explode onto the scene. Aurora GPS will provide a rigorous and ethical approach to data collection, ensuring you aren’t missing important information.
- Stay connected to your industry and its competitors even when you aren’t at the conference or tradeshow
- Get early warnings on new product or service offerings from existing competitors as well as possible new entrants
- Get deeper insights beyond the competitor’s press release or marketing materials
Business Outcomes You Can Expect from Conference Intelligence & Tradeshow Coverage
- Discover new competitive offerings (often launched at conferences or tradeshows)
- Stay current on industry trends and thought leadership
- Track who attends the conference or tradeshow – and who does not
- Objectively evaluate the attendance and energy of a conference or tradeshow so that you can focus on attending only the ones that matter
- Learn which marketing and sales messages from your competitors resonate with real attendees, and which ones do not
Conference Intelligence Mission Portfolio: The Changing Pharma Tradeshow Scene
A leading pharmaceutical company asked Aurora GPS to provide conference and tradeshow coverage for six regional events that its staff did not have time to attend in person. While the company was focused on the “big events”, it was concerned that upstart competitors might attend the smaller shows first. It wanted early warning on potential threats – or potential acquisition candidates.
Aurora GPS worked with the company’s leadership to develop an appropriate action plan including key intelligence questions and topics (KIQs and KITs). During in-person attendance at each of the regional events, Aurora GPS analysts were able to collect data on six new potential competitors, as well as a new marketing initiative being beta tested by one of their larger competitors.
Using this information, the firm opened initial conversations with a selected group of the new competitors – eventually deciding to acquire one of them. Additionally, with forewarning of a new marketing initiative likely to be launched at the major industry event, the company’s marketing team assembled an effective counter-strategy.
Three ways to engage with Aurora GPS for Conference Intelligence services:
Engagement Level 1: Ad Hoc Conference Coverage
Approximate timeline: 30 days
Engagement Level 2: Systematic Conference Coverage
Approximate timeline: 4-8 weeks
Engagement Level 3: Ongoing Conference Intelligence
Approximate timeline: Ongoing